12/14/2017

Today we took the day off from the jungle and went to spend our day with an indigenous community here in Costa Rica. We first started the day off with a bus ride to the community which took about 2.5 hours. Once we arrived we introduced ourselves and ate a really delicious, organic lunch! We then held a discussion that went over the tribal history and governing of their people and resources, and related and found difference in our rights as indigenous peoples. I was a foreign concept and in my opinion, an AMERICAN concept to "own" water. (Water rights) I really enjoyed the discussion and was curious about there sovereignty rights. After that the elder (señora) gave a demonstration of traditional dyes and yarns, and weaving. To follow we had a face mask workshop!!1 It was an amazing day to learn about their culture. Highlight: Señora thought i was from El salvador and was wanting to set me up with her daughter ;D and of course me not knowing that much spansih was resounding "Si, si!!" #Goodtimes

Attached, I hope you enjoy the photos.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog