12/11/2017

Buenas Noches!!!

Following up on my post from earlier today, we primarily traveled from the San Jose area to the Las Cruces Biological Station/Wilson Botanical Gardens. To say the least, I am absolutely in love with the plant and animal life in this gorgeous country! Additionally, although forced to speak Spanish, every interaction with the public has been a pleasure! Side note- I feel like I am rude at times for not finishing everything served to me on my plate, but I couldn't possibly eat the entire portion they feed me! The food is very different than what I am used, but nonetheless has been very delicious! To conclude our day we had a brief introductory meeting and was introduced to some indigenous brothers and sisters from Panama, a country I am VERY interested in visiting! They wanted to learn about what we are doing to preserve our natural resources back home on the YAKAMA REZ, and how they can use the scientific methods we are using here in Costa Rica to benefit them in the preservation of their natural resources on their reservation. I am all about that "Indigenous2Indigenous" way of thinking.  I love the platform that has been created for collaborations of tribal nations, not only in America, but internationally too! I think that in itself makes a BOLD statement. We are the definition of resilient!!!

Cheers!

P.S. -the photos I promised are being uploaded!


Pura Vida! as they say down here in Costa Rica


Comments

Popular posts from this blog